Here is our group backpacking schedule for 2023. We have some great treks lined up for this year, all of them with limited availability.
- 05/14 & 05/15: Blacktail Creek, easy. This is a weekend overnight trip that is a good one for the whole family. There are lots of great views and wildlife on this early season trek. 3 miles per day. $650 per person 16 and older; $450 per child 15 and under. Up to 8 people
- 05/22 through 05/27: The Black Canyon of the Yellowstone. Moderate. On this trek we are taking it easy and keeping the mileage at 4 to 6 miles per day. This trek will travel through some excellent wildlife habitat and has great views the entire way. $2200 per adult 16 and over; $1700 for kids 15 and under. Up to 5 people.
- 06/15 through 06/18: Slough Creek, moderate. This trek will take us to the heart of the Slough Creek Valley. This is prime wildlife habitat, and has wide open views. This is a great trip for families or for those who want to fish in the backcountry. 5 to 7 miles per day. $1400 per person for 16 and over; $1100 per person 15 and under. Up to 7 people.
- 07/17 through 07/22: Joseph’s Coat/ Wapiti Lake. moderate to strenuous. This trek will take us into the heart of Yellowstone. This trek also requires some off trail navigating as we head to campsite off of the trail system. There are backcountry lakes and geyser basins along the way, not to mention wildlife. The mileage is 6 to 13 miles per day. $2300 per adult `15 and over; $1700 per person 15 and under. Up to 5 people.
- 08/08 through 08/15: The Bechler Family trek: This trip is easy to moderate and a great one for kids ages 8 and up. There are 9 backcountry waterfalls and 3 backcountry thermal areas along the way, and 2 legal hot spring soaks. This 7 day trek includes 2 layover days at a couple of the most incredible spots in Yellowstone’s Backcountry. The mileage is 0 to 8.5 miles per day, most of this trip is down hill or level, with only 4 miles of moderate uphill travel. Rates are $2300 per adult 16 and over; $1700 per child 15 and under. This trek allows up to 5 people.
- 09/03 through 09/08: The Bechler Fall trek. This is the same as the family trek, with a few more miles per day and 1 layover day instead of 2. The mileage is 1 to 8.5 miles per day. Up to 5 people per trek (2 spots left).
- 10/01 through 10/03: Dunanda Falls. This trek is 8.5 miles on the first and last day, with a layover day on day 2. The terrain is easy, and this trek will take us to Dunanda Falls, site of the last night of the previous 2 Bechler trips. There are 2 large waterfalls, a great view of the Teton Mountain Range, and one of the best legal hot spring soaks in the park. $900 per adult 16 and over; $600 per child 15 and under. 0 to 8.5 miles per day. Up to 10 people on this trek, with 8 spots remaining.