local expert step-on guides for commercial busses
We do offer local expert step-on guides for commercial busses traveling through the area. Because of insurance reasons, we do not offer step-on guides for private, non-commercial vehicles. Step-on guides are available from Bozeman, Big Sky, and West Yellowstone only. Guides being dropped off at a different location than the starting point will be charged an additional $100 to $200 per day. You will have up to 8 hours per day.
Your guide will be a wealth of knowledge, from the park’s history, geology, flora and fauna, hot spring biology, and more. Our expert guides at Yellowstone Tour Guides have driven buses before and are able to guide your driver through Yellowstone’s busiest areas. Because of the logistics and increased traffic, we will no longer be able to pick up or drop off guides at Lake, Canyon, Mammoth, West Thumb, the South Entrance, or East Entrance. Contact us today to learn more!
Locations that are closed to large buses:
Rates Listed as Well
Firehole Canyon Drive | Firehole Lake Drive | The Fairy Falls Trailhead/ Grand Prismatic Overlook | Lake Butte Drive | Chittenden Road | Blacktail Plateau Drive | The Gardiner Stagecoach Road | Upper Terrace Drive | Artist’s Paint Pots | The Virginia Cascades
- $800 per day for those starting and ending in Big Sky or West Yellowstone.
- $900 per day for those starting and ending in Bozeman.
- Add $100 to $200 to start or drop off at a location other than Bozeman, Big Sky, West Yellowstone, Old Faithful or Madison Junction.
- Step-on guides require a 6-month or more advance reservation.
- Rates do not include the meals, park entrance fees or guide’s gratuities.
- If you would like us to include a box lunch, the rate is $20 per person.
- If you would like us to include the gratuity for the guide, it will be 25% of the tour rates.